Douro Valley is one of the most amazing places in Portugal. Considered the Oldest Wine Region in the World, famous for the Port Wines, it is a fascinating place to spend a few days while visiting Portugal. The distance from Lisbon makes it impossible for a one-day tour from Lisbon, but 2/3 days could be enough to explore the region.
Here are some tips, for visiting Douro Valley:
- Explore the old vineyards. Douro Wines are considered among the finest and oldest in the world
- Visit and Sample local wines: There are many wineries to visit. Contact me privately below for suggestions
- Indulge yourself in a short boat ride in the D0uro River, for 1h duration, private and exclusive for you
- Visit the multiple viewpoints facing the Douro River
- Taste the famous bread, freshly cooked in the morning at Favaios
- Visit the Old Train Station of Pinhão, a famous landmark in the region, known for its tiles
- See the Damn of Bagauste, one of the 5 famous damns in the Douro River
- Have a lunch at DOC (in the river) or at Castas e Pratos, my favourite restaurant
- Visit Lamego, famous for the Old Santuary of Our Lady.
What to explore this region? Hire me as your guide, or someone from my team.
We would be thrilled to have you here in Portugal.
Drop-me a message clicking here
- Lello Library: Awarded Most Beautiful Library in the World (2023) - November 23, 2023
- Lisbon Aqueduct: Don’t Miss a visit ! - November 23, 2023
- St. Jorge Castle: Lisbon’s Crowning Glory - November 23, 2023