Algarve is one of the most popular places in Portugal, and certainly one of the best in Europe to spend couple of days. It’s known to have some of the best beaches across Europe, amazing restaurants and certainly a wonderful time spent relaxing through the south of Portugal.
For customers staying in Lisbon, I do never recommend a day trip to the Algarve, and returning on the same day. And the reason is simple: it’s around 2h30m to 3h driving time each way, ending up spending more time on the car rather than actually seeing it, for around 5h just on the highway.
Instead, the recommendation would go at least to spend one or two nights in the Algarve, starting in Lisbon and returning to Lisbon. There are some great places to visit along the coast of Algarve, but my favorite is the area of Tavira, including places such as Castro Marim, Cacela Velha, and much more.
There are two recommendations I would give for first time visitors:
1) Get a private transfer from Lisbon to the Algarve, with 2h sightseeing tour on the way, at your choose, for any place in the Algarve. This would allow you to have a comfortable transfer to Algarve, ending at your hotel: https://lisbonprivatetours.com/transfer-to-algarve-from-lisbon-with-2h-sightseeing-tour-visit/
2) Second option would be a private trip to the Algarve from Lisbon (starting and finishing in Lisbon), including two nights in the Algarve with a private guide, to explore the region in three days, including Tavira, Castro Marim, Cacela Velha, Sao Bras de Alportel and Faro, covering the major highlights on each place: https://lisbonprivatetours.com/algarve-3-days-private-tour-from-lisbon/
The tours/transfers above usually include 2/3h sightseeing, or more time visiting, either on the way or at destination. If you are looking instead for a regular private transfer service without any visits or sightseeing, please check the following option (all country):
3) Private Transfer Services – Portugal Concierge
Web Address for online booking: https://portugal-concierge.net/transfers/
Travel Planner / Tour Specialist in Portugal
Please EMAIL ME HERE to hire my services.
Contact me using WhatsApp HERE
Passionate traveler, entrepreneur, travel planner and tour specialist in Portugal.
Owner of The Lisbon Guide with more than 250.000 pages visited every year.
Based in Lisbon and experienced in tourism for over 15 years, with multiple ongoing projects.
Also an avid TripAdvisor user level 6 with more than 300.000 readers worldwide, helping thousands of travelers yearly to plan a perfect trip.
Helping customers from all over the world, planning their perfect trip for over 15 years.
Best Hotel Recommendations: https://lisbonguide.org/hotel-recommendations-lisbon/
Private Tour Recommendations: https://lisbonguide.org/tours-from-lisbon/
Lisbon Airport Transfers: https://lisbonguide.org/lisbon-airport-transfers/
*Disclaimer: The article above expresses my opinion, and some services may be provided directly by myself.
SEND ME A MESSAGE
Latest posts by Gonzalo (see all)
- Traffic / Car Restrictions in Sintra / Best Recommendations - December 6, 2019
- Skip The Line Tickets - November 19, 2019
- Lisbon Wine & Tapas – 5 Best Places - November 9, 2019