Codfish is one of the most popular dishes in Portugal. Our country is the biggest consumer of codfish in the world, with 20% of world quota, about 70.000 tonnes per year, an average of 15lbs per person of cod, per year.
Most restaurants will have a dish of cod. From cod pastries to big dishes of cod: The cod can be boiled, roasted, grilled, or mixed with other flavors.
Here in Portugal we usually say there are 1001 ways of cooking cod.
In Lisbon, find here 5 places to try codfish:
- Codfish House: https://goo.gl/maps/5wcLJqBogb7xeLHB6
- Mar ao Carmo: https://goo.gl/maps/ozdbtCdkmttDqYrUA
- Laurentina: https://goo.gl/maps/A3ANXhTM83xzTuc2A
- As Salgadeiras: https://goo.gl/maps/mfgcf8D4W1z7tLDb6
- Solar do Bacalhau: https://goo.gl/maps/bybFtWpKoWqenBoK6
Latest posts by Gonzalo (see all)
- Restaurant Recommendations in Lisbon and Porto - May 26, 2023
- Hiking Tours in Sintra - April 26, 2023
- 10 Things to Visit in Sintra - April 23, 2023