Lisbon has been highly increasing the level of restaurants in the city over the past few years.
The pandemic in 2020/2021 made some restaurants close, or adapt, and now in 2022 things are now again vibrant and operating normally again.
Many tourists coming from abroad, often ask, where do locals go?
What are the best restaurants? How to avoid tourist traps?
How can someone select the best restaurants to eat while in Lisbon?
Based on my experience, these are the TOP 10 Best Restaurants in Lisbon (updated in 2022).
The list below reflects exclusively my opinion. There are hundreds of restaurants, so it’s extremely hard to select only 10.
- Ramiro (seafood)
- Cevicheria (Seafood / Ceviche)
- Pateo / Bairro do Avillez (varied, tapas, portuguse cuisine)
- Belcanto (Michelin Star, upscale)
- Segundo Muelle (Peruvian)
- Timeout Market (Varied, informal, multiple local restaurants)
- Boa-Bao (Asian / Fusian)
- Monte Mar Lisboa (Seafood with view)
- Seen Lisboa (Rooftop Restaurant)
- Darwin’s Cafe (Varied, with view)
Plus, two additional bonuses, that reflects the good Portuguese Cuisine:
- Sea Me Peixaria Moderna (Seafood)
- Fogo By Alexandre Silva (Portuguese Cuisine)
Hope this list can help. This reflects exclusively my personal opinion.
Questions? Click here to plan your trip to Portugal
- Visit Quinta da Regaleira / Sintra - March 21, 2023
- 5 Best Hotels in The Douro Valley (2023) - March 19, 2023
- Best Seafood in Portugal / Top 50 Worldwide - March 14, 2023