IMPORTANT MESSAGE: NEW CAR RESTRICTIONS IN SINTRA, READ HERE
Sintra has been over the years one of the most visited place in the country, famous for it’s amazing landscape, authentic historical castles and places, nestled in the middle of the mountain, but close to Lisbon, within only 30min approximately driving distance.
It is classified by UNESCO since 1995 was World Heritage, on cultural landscape category, and named of the most romantic places on earth.
As being one of the most popular places in Portugal, it can be difficult to visit Sintra smoothly, comfortably, and with quality.
Having a private guide is absolutely recommended, to avoid the crowds and make sure you visit each place properly.
If visiting Sintra walking, without transportation, here are the places you can cover:
- City Hall (Exterior)
- Moorish Fountain
- Quinta da Regaleira (Palace and Gardens)
- Palacio de Seteais (old palace, currently luxury hotel)
- Sintra National Palace (in the village)
- Old Medieval Village of Sintra
- Piriquita (famous pastry shop)
- Sapa (famous pastry shop)
- News Museum
Some other places like the Moorish Castle, Pena National Palace and Park, Monserrate Palace, Cabo da Roca, etc, will require transportation, and cannot be reached walking.
- Lello Library: Awarded Most Beautiful Library in the World (2023) - November 23, 2023
- Lisbon Aqueduct: Don’t Miss a visit ! - November 23, 2023
- St. Jorge Castle: Lisbon’s Crowning Glory - November 23, 2023