IMPORTANT MESSAGE: NEW CAR RESTRICTIONS IN SINTRA, READ HERE
Sintra is for sure one of the most romantic places in the world, and surely, the most charming and beautiful village in Portugal.
I was born here in Sintra 37 years ago, and since a young kid, I was exploring everything Sintra has to see. The Castles and Palaces here in Sintra were my playgrounds.
See below a list of 4 places to visit in Sintra in one single day.
Sintra is very popular, because being located so close to Lisbon (30min).
Although you may see blogs and pages somewhere telling you can see more places in one day, normally it’s not possible, unless rushing or not seeing anything properly.
Sintra is one of the most visited places in the whole country, and the visit needs to be properly prepared. Avoid public transportation, often crowded and delayed. Hire a private guide and make sure you will not drive in Sintra. Parking is difficult, narrow roads and time need to be managed to arrive first on most busy attractions before the crowds.
4 Places To Visit in Sintra in One day:
Pena National Palace (Palacio Nacional da Pena) and Park
Sintra Old Medieval Village
Regaleira Palace and Gardens (Quinta da Regaleira)
Cabo da Roca (Europe Most Western Point)
There are some additional places in Sintra, where I recommend a stop to visit also, if you are spending additional days in Sintra:
- Sintra National Palace (Palacio Nacional de Sintra)
- Monserrate Palace (Palacio de Monserrate)
- Capuchos Convent (Convento dos Capuchos)
- Peninha Sanctuary (Santuário da Peninha)
- Chalet da Condessa
- Queluz National Palace (Palacio Nacional de Queluz)
- Piriquita (famous pastry shop – travesseiros)
- Sapa (famous pastry shop – queijadas)
- Cafe Paris (nice to drink a glass of wine on the terrace)
- Seteais Palace (great to have a tea or walk in the gardens)
- Adraga Beach (considered one of the best in Europe)
- Chalet Biester (exterior photos only)