Douro Valley is one of the most beautiful areas of Portugal.
Considered the oldest wine region in the world, it’s located 3h to 4h driving time from Lisbon, in Douro Valley River Region, northern Portugal.
There is a lot to see and to explore, plenty of vineyards to discover and wonderful wines to taste. Douro is famous for the Port Wines (fortified wines), but it also hosts outstanding red and white regular wines, that compete directly with the famous Alentejo Wines.
To visit Douro, it’s recommended at least 2 days to explore, if coming from Lisbon, not possible to do in one single day (8h to 9h driving time). Allow yourself one or two nights to discover one of the most beautiful areas of Portugal. The landscape, the river and the vineyards will make a perfect combination for a relaxing stay in the area.
Some places to visit in Douro Valley:
- Peso da Regua (Village)
- Pinhão (Village & Train Station)
- Bagauste Dam
- Douro Museum (Regua)
- Take a typical boat trip of 1h (Rabelo Boats), from Pinhão Quay
- Sample Port wines at any local winery (Pacheca, Vallado, Bonfim, La Rosa, Crasto, etc, just to name a few)
- Visit Some vineyards (some of the famous wineries will allow)
- Harvest grapes (August/September) – learn the process and participate
- Enjoy a lunch at Doc, Castas e Pratos or Douro Vintage House, all in the same area
To visit Douro from Lisbon, you can select one of this options, with Sintra Magik Private Tours:
- Direct car transfer to Douro from Lisbon: https://lisbonprivatetours.com/private-transfer-lisbon-douro-valley/
- Private Car Transfer from Lisbon to Douro (with 2h sightseeing): https://lisbonprivatetours.com/transfer-to-douro-valley-from-lisbon/
- 3-Day Trip to Porto and Douro Valley: https://lisbonprivatetours.com/3-day-trip-from-lisbon-porto-and-douro-valley-private-tour/
You can also check on Portugal Magik several services they have available to cover Douro Valley here: https://portugal-magik.com/destination/douro-valley/
- Fatima Sanctuary – What to Visit (HD VIDEO – MUST SEE) - February 29, 2020
- 10 Best Custard Tarts in Portugal (Pastel de Nata) - February 24, 2020
- 10 Best Restaurants in Lisbon (Must Visit) - February 24, 2020