Most people are not aware but there are several places in Lisbon where you can see for FREE, without any cost.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money, going only to the expensive attractions and museums, where the admission fees are paid at the entrance. You have also the Lisboa Card option, that will give you FREE entrance on 25 PAID museums/attractions.
Please note that this list of FREE attractions is regularly updated, so keep checking for updates.
1) Jeronimo’s Monastery (Mosteiro dos Jeronimos)
Most people don’t know, but you don’t need to pay to visit the Jeronimo’s Monastery (Mosteiro dos Jeronimos). Only the cloisters visit need admission fee, paid at the entrance. The church has free entrance.
2) Lisbon Cathedral (Sé de Lisboa)
The Lisbon Cathedral, has free admission to the inside. Anyone can visit the Cathedral without paying, except to visit the cloisters.
3) Sao Roque Church (Igreja de Sao Roque)
The most expensive chapel built in the world, at the time, executed in Italy and transported to Lisbon on the second half of the 16th Century, has free admission fee. Only the exhibitions and the museum are paid.
4) Jewish Memorial
It’s free because it’s located outside, on the street. This memorial stands between Rossio Square and Sao Domingos Church, remembering those who lost their lifes on the big massacre in 1506, often called the Lisbon Pogrom or Easter Slaughter of 1506.
- Fatima Sanctuary – What to Visit (HD VIDEO – MUST SEE) - February 29, 2020
- 10 Best Custard Tarts in Portugal (Pastel de Nata) - February 24, 2020
- 10 Best Restaurants in Lisbon (Must Visit) - February 24, 2020