The Portuguese Gastronomy is very wide, expressive, multi-cultural, a land of flavors and mix of people, that over the centuries made our very own DNA, unique in the world.
The best pastries are definitely the Custard Tarts / Pastel de Nata / Pastel de Belem.
You will find custard tarts almost in every corner of the country. Both Lisbon and Porto, they are almost everywhere. But, it’s not the same to try at a random place, versus trying at the original places, where they are locally produced, handmade.
I have compiled below the 10 best places to sample custard tarts in Portugal, based on my own experience over the years.
What do you think? Let me know your thoughts.
10 Best Custard Tarts in Portugal (Pastel de Nata)
(list updated in January 2020)
- Pastel de Belem (the Original, from 1837, in Lisbon – Belem)
- Manteigaria (Several in Lisbon, timeout Market, Largo Camoes and Rua Augusta)
- Pastelaria Batalha (near Largo Camoes, in Lisbon)
- Aloma (in Lisbon, nearby Campo Ourique Market)
- Pastelaria Alcôa (Rua Garrett in Lisbon)
- Fábrica da Nata – Pastéis de Nata (Restauradores Square, not original but good)
- Confeitaria Nacional (Near Rossio in Lisbon, with a great selection of pastries, including Pastel de Nata)
- Pastelaria Versailles (Avenida da Republica)
- Manteigaria Porto (near Bolhao Market – yes they are also in Porto !!)
- Natas D’Ouro Porto (near Sao Bento Station in Porto)
What do you think?
Let me know your thoughts !
- Fatima Sanctuary – What to Visit (HD VIDEO – MUST SEE) - February 29, 2020
- 10 Best Custard Tarts in Portugal (Pastel de Nata) - February 24, 2020
- 10 Best Restaurants in Lisbon (Must Visit) - February 24, 2020