Porto is considered the second most important city of Portugal, after Lisbon, the capital of our country.
Usually, I would recommend spending some days in Lisbon, then some days in Porto, and if you have time, some additional days in Algarve.
This way, you will cover most of the country, and if spending several days in each place, you can explore all the surrounding areas and the places in between.
Normally most international flights land in Lisbon, and from here the journey begins.
Here are the 5 best ways to reach Porto, from Lisbon:
1) Get a Private Transfer Service, starting at 750EUR (Fixed price up to 5 guests).
2) Get a Uber from Lisbon, normally starting at 350EUR, up to 450EUR, but can be more expensive, depending on peak times (recommended UBERXL because of the luggage)
3) Get a train. You may need to get a transfer to the train station first. Then take a train to Campanhã, and then change trains again for Sao Bento, in central Porto.
Prices are around 45EUR Per person for the train ticket
4) Rent your own car, and drive. For some people can be a challenge, specially driving in the city, and parking. Make sure to pay for CDWW to avoid any problems with accidents, crash, etc. Prices may vary, but normally at Europcar, prices start at 200EUR per day for a reasonable car (sedan), plus insurance, tolls and gas.
5) By Bus. For those who like travel by public bus, there are several options per day. One is rede expresses. Price may vary depending on the chosen stations, day of the week, company, etc.
6) Alternatively, Driver + Vehicle, point to point, here
Hope you can find this article useful.
Drop me a message below in case I can help with any questions you may have.
- Lisbon Airport Pickup + 3h Introduction Tour of Lisbon - May 16, 2022
- Chauffeur/Driver in Lisbon - May 4, 2022
- 3 Wine Tours Around Lisbon - May 2, 2022